Monday, February 26, 2007

I Wish I've Done More...

Everyday as I wake up at dawn
My mind starts working the moment I yawn

There were many things to do, o dear!That’s why I hastily did my Subuh prayer

I didn’t have the time to sit longer to praise the lord

To me rushing out after prayer is nothing odd.

Since school I had been busy every minute

Completing my tutorials and handing it in

My studies took up most of my time always
Minimum time did I have to Allah to pray
Too many things to do, and zikir is rare,
For Allah, I really had no time to spare.

When I grew up and started my degree
Studying all day to secure my future
When I reached home, I prefer to have fun,
I chatted on the phone, on the yahoo messenger,
But I didn’t read much the book of heart, the Quran,
I spent too much time surfing the internet,
Sad to say my faith was falling flat.

The only time I have left is weekends
During which I prefer window shopping with friends
Or better yet I prefer to sit back and enjoy my cds and dvds
I couldn’t spare time to go to usrahs and daurahs
I’m too BUSY that’s my BIG EXCUSE…

I did my five prayers, but did so quickly,
After prayer, I didn’t sit longer to reflect quietly
I didn’t have time to help the needy ones
I was loaded with works as my precious time runs.

My life was already full of stress,
So I didn’t counsel as Muslim in distress,
I didn’t spent much time with muslims that can advice me,
Because I thought, doing so wont help me much,
It will be just a waste of time.

No time to share, with none Muslim about Islam;
Or even to my other fellow muslims who have rights on me,
Even though I know, inviting causes no harm
No time to do sunnah prayers at all
All this contribute to my iman fall…

I’m busy here, I’m busy there,
I have no time at all, that’s all I care
I went for religious lesson, just once in a while
Well, at least I do some, my nafs whispers,
Coz I’m too busy making a pile.

I worked all day, I slept all night
Too tired for tahajjud, and it seems no right
To me, studying as a living was already tough
So, I only did basic deeds but that’s not enough.

No time at all, to admire God’s creation
No time to praise Allah, and seek His Compassion
Although I know how short is my life,
For Islam, I really didn’t strive.

Finally the day comes, when the Lord calls for me
And I stood before Him with life history
I feel so guilty because I should have prayed more
I should have invited other muslims to Allah cause
I should strive more to learn about my deen,
Isn’t that what a Muslim live for
To thank Allah and do more good deeds
And the Quran is for us to read.

Now, at JUDGMENT DAY, I’m starting to fret,
I wasted my life but it’s too late to regret,
My entry to paradise depend on my good behavior,
But I have not done enough, nor did proper prayer
My “good deed book” is given from my right
An angle opens my “book” and read out my plight.

Then the angle chided me
“O You Muslim servant, you are the one
Who is given enough time, yet not much is done
Do you know your faith is loose?
Saying “no time” is only an excuse.

Your “good deed book” should be filled up more
With all the good work you stood up for…
Hence I only recorded those little good deeds
As I say this, I know your eyes will mist
I was about to write even more, you see…
But I did not have the TIME to list”…

~ i wish i have done more~

adapted from: pmi_group

2 comments:

SoIS said...

Sorry to leave another comment.. (i think i found a good blog for me to always reflect on)

I was just going to say that, there are many of my friends, brothers and sisters out there who are trapped into these attitude of being "busy". Friends, and myself, please know that whether you are busy or not to do a certain work is determined by your sense of priority towards that particular thing. Hanya priority yg membezakan sesuatu itu kepada "ada masa" dan "tidak ada masa"..

Kita dah kerap dengar teguran daripada ramai ttg sikap masyarakat yg ada masa untuk berfoya2, tetapi tiada masa untuk Allah dan diri sendiri. Karya yg diletakkan oleh Siti dalam blog ini juga berkisar ttg itu, dan memang kita kena risaukan ttg itu..

Tetapi mungkin saya berada di dunia lain. Saya sedikit kesal juga dengan kawan2 saya yg setelah masuk dalam 'jamaah2 islam', mereka seolah2 sudah tidak ada masa untuk saudara yg bukan secara rasminya 'sejamaah' dengan mereka. Saya kerap kali nampak keadaan ini berlaku, even pada diri sendiri. Kami yg belum memberi komitmen pada 'jamaah' mereka seolah2 dijauhi, tidak diajak, dan disimpan byk perkara daripada pengetahuan kami. Paling saya sedih ialah kawan baik saya sekarang kerap mengatakan bahawa dia busy- tiap kali saya ajak untuk berjumpa.

Cukup sekadar itu sahaja saya luahkan. Mungkin jelas, mungkin tidak. InsyaAllah ada masa nanti saya tuliskan dalam blog. Terima kasih kerana memberi input yg baik, dengan izin Allah.

Siti Rogayah Bahari said...

erm, syukran sbb masih sudi tinggalkan komen. u made me know that i still have a friend to visit me in this blog. erm, saya stuju dgn pendapat tu. rasa diri ni terhisab dgn sendiri.

actually, semuanya bermula dari cara pergaulan kita. hablu minallah wa hablu minannas..

sabarlah menempuh hari2 yg mendatang kerna di situ pasti ada kebaikan daripada Tuhan..

andai persahabtan kian rapuh, yakinlah Dia nak perbaiki hubungan tu. mungkin kita perlukan masa yg genting sblm mencapai tahap keserasian yg sebenar..

moga tak terlintas di hati saudara utk menidakkan yg haq hnya dgn sikit kekhilafan sahabt tersebut...

moga sukses dlm perhubungan sesama manusia demi kelestarian hubungn dgnNya..ameen...